1908 Jung Beer Ad

The Jung Brewery grew out of an earlier affiliation with Otto Falk and Ernst Borchert. By the time Prohibition was enacted in 1919, it strangled all Milwaukee breweries and only the largest were able to diversify enough to survive. The Jung Brewing Company by this time was growing but unfortunately did not have the diverse holdings to survive.

A few of its remnants could be seen until recently. The main office building of the brewery was still standing at 783 North Water Street until it was torn down in 1984. One of the last standing buildings in its brewery complex at 5th & Cherry was torn down a few years ago. An earlier building off of Pierce Street which was part of the Falk, Jung & Borchert Brewing Company barely stands and may be renovated if money and support can be found.