Building History Detail
Frankfurth Hardware

A seven-story brick commercial structure with a four-story arcade under large arches. Additions to the building were completed in 1902 and 1920. Frankfurth Hardware closed it's doors in 1977. The building was purchased by First Bank Milwaukee in 1980 and was scheduled for demolition later that year but a fire on June 30 destroyed the building first.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1880, Year Demolished: 1980

Address History:
119-127 West Water St (1880 - 1929)
521 N Plankinton (1930 - 1980)

Milwaukee Sentinel, July 1, 1980

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 119981

Record Update: 2013-05-15