Building History Detail
Second Ward Savings Bank

A two story bank originally opened as a branch of the First Wisconsin Bank and currently is the home of the Milwaukee County Historical Society. The building is designed in the French Renaissance style and built of Bedford stone, steel and concrete. The interior was finished with Italian marble.

Architect: Kirchhoff and Rose

Year Built: 1913, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
289-303 West Water St (1913 - 1929)
N Plankinton (1930 - present)

Downtown Milwaukee by Latus
Milwaukee Journal, June 16, 1912
Milwaukee Journal, October 6, 1912
DCD Historic Designation Report

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 16299

Record Update: 2009-11-04