Building History Detail
Kilbourn Hotel

A narrow eight story, reinforced concrete hotel with 97 rooms built for George Strohmeyer. The dimensions were only 25-ft wide x 150-ft long which gave all the rooms a view outside. It was originally known as the Hotel Charlotte and later as Hotel McCoy before finally being changed to the Kilbourn Hotel.

Architect: Uehling, O C

Year Built: 1908, Year Demolished: 1965

Address History:
138 3rd St (1908 - 1929)
624 N 3rd St (1930 - 1965)

WHS Historical Images
UWM Digital Collection
Milwaukee Sentinel, November 29, 1908

Record Update: 2010-01-06