Building History Detail
Hotel Wisconsin Annex

A five story brick and steel building constructed as an annex to the Hotel Wisconsin. It originally had King's clothing store located on the ground floor and now houses Martini Mike's. In 1943 the City took over the building due to nonpayment of taxes and converted it into veteran's housing. The USO operated here from 1941 to 1978.

Architect: Holabird and Roche

Year Built: 1924, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
182-184 3rd St (1924 - 1929)
730-734 N 3rd St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Sentinel, October 18, 1966
WHS Architecture Inventory Image

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 108657

Record Update: 2011-03-03