Building History Detail
Hotel Miller

A nine story reinforced concrete building with an exterior of dark brick and terra cotta with dimensions of 100x150 feet. The 150 room Hotel Miller later became known as the Towne Hotel. It also included the 2,000 person Miller Theater which was operated by the Saxe Bros and opened on April 7, 1917.

Architect: Wolff and Ewens

Year Built: 1917, Year Demolished: 1980

Address History:
175-177 3rd St (1917 - 1929)
723 N 3rd St (1930 - 1980)

WHS Historical Images
Milwaukee Sentinel, April 9, 1916
Milwaukee Sentinel, June 3, 1917
Milwaukee Journal, February 22, 1980

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 108655

Record Update: 2010-07-25