Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Fred Usinger Sausages

A five story, solid red-pressed brick building with stone trimmings with dimensions of 40x150 feet. Fred Usinger arrived in Milwaukee in the 1870s and worked at a sausage factory at this location before buying control of the business and building his larger headquarters here in 1906.

Architect: Ringer, Carl F

Year Built: 1906, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
302-304 3rd St (1906 - 1929)
1030 N 3rd St (1930 - present)

Sources:
Milwaukee Sentinel, June 3, 1906

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 41782

Record Update: 2010-07-25

Picture: