Building History Detail
Williams Hotel

The Williams Hotel was originally built as a home by John Plankinton in which he lived until 1863. The former mansion was an ornate three story brick Italianate building with a cupola on the roof. In later years it was a Turkish Bath house and eventually became a hotel called the Williams Hotel, run by Michael G Williams. The hotel closed suddenly in 1932 and was subsequently demolished to be replaced by a parking station.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1855, Year Demolished: 1932

Address History:
117-119 4th St (1855 - 1929)
551 N 4th St (1930 - 1932)

Wisconsin News Article
Milwaukee Journal, March 26, 1932

Record Update: 2013-05-12