Building History Detail

An eight story brick building built as an expansion to the YMCA building next door. The basement and first floor were built of dressed blue Bedford limestone. The new building included meeting halls, offices, a gymnasium and men's dormitories. It had dimensions of 57x150-ft and cost approximately $250,000.

Architect: Leenhouts and Guthrie

Year Built: 1909, Year Demolished: 1966

Address History:
141-143 4th St (1909 - 1929)
633 N 4th St (1930 - 1966)

Milwaukee Sentinel, April 21, 1908
Milwaukee Journal, May 19, 1908
Milwaukee Sentinel, September 20, 1966
MPL Remember When

Record Update: 2010-07-25