Building History Detail
Milwaukee Rescue Mission

A five story brick building with stone trimmings and a reinforced concrete structure. It was opened on May 27, 1910 as dormitories and mission space for homeless people. Demolition date is assumed from various Milwaukee Journal articles.

Architect: Leenhouts and Guthrie

Year Built: 1910, Year Demolished: 1986

Address History:
297-299 5th St (1910 - 1929)
1023 N 5th St (1930 - 1986)

AHI #109261
Milwaukee Sentinel, September 15, 1908

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 109261

Record Update: 2010-07-25