Building History Detail
Community Advocates Building

This building was the headquarters of the publishers of Milwaukee Herold, Sonntagspost, Union Press, etc. The south half of the building was a three story, 50x86 foot, reinforced concrete and brick structure built in 1911 as a showroom for the Kissel Kar Co. The north half was a three story high brick building with dimensions of 100x150 feet which was added in 1926.

In 2011, Community Advocates opened their offices in the newly renovated building which had been vacant since 1996.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1911, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
178-184 7th St (1911 - 1929)
728 N 7th St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Journal, May 19, 1911
Milwaukee Journal, June 20, 1926

Record Update: 2013-05-12