Building History Detail
Public Safety Building

The six story, steel framed building was built as a joint effort between the County and the City. One half of the building was to house the central police station, city courts and jails while the other housed the county sheriff and the county jail. The two halves were built under separate contracts with separate funding and finished at different times.

Architect: Clas, A C and Ross, Albert

Year Built: 1929, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
265 8th St (1929 - 1929)
935 N 8th St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Journal, March 10, 1927

Record Update: 2014-03-01