Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Boston Store

A nine story addition to the Boston Store building built of reinforced concrete and with an exterior of glazed white terra cotta brick. A five story portion of this building was completed in 1912. In 1920 the remaining portion was finished as it now appears. A grand 8-story tower on the corner of the building was designed but never constructed. The floor system was of flat slabs of hollow tile and concrete joists. A conversion of the upper floors to lofts was finished in 2003.

Architect: Koch, Henry C and Sons

Year Built: 1921, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
324-330 Sycamore St (1921 - 1929)
330-340 W Michigan St (1930 - present)

Sources:
Milwaukee Journal, May 19, 1911
Construction News, May 25, 1912
Milwaukee Sentinel, January 10, 1920
MPL Historic Photos
MPL Historic Photos


Record Update: 2010-09-08

Picture: