Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Button Block

A seven story brick building of red pressed brick and red terra cotta with the bottom two floors built of red stone. It was built for the Henry H Button estate in a Richardsonian Romanesque style and cost $125,000.

Architect: Crane and Barkhausen

Year Built: 1892, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
330-336 East Water St (1892 - 1929)
508 N Water St (1930 - present)

Sources:
Milwaukee Sentinel, February 28, 1892
MPL Historic Photo

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 28895

Record Update: 2009-03-07

Picture: