Building History Detail
Milwaukee Building

A six story, reinforced concrete and brick office building with dimensions of 50x150ft. Remodeling in 1963 removed the entire white terra cotta face of the building and replaced it with a modern design of aluminum and glass by Charles H Harper. The site was the birthplace of the first white child born in the city - Miss Milwaukee Smith.

Architect: Kirchhoff and Rose

Year Built: 1927, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
380-382 East Water St (1927 - 1929)
622 N Water St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Journal, November 15, 1927
Wisconsin Architect, June 1964
UMN Digital Library Images

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 110771

Record Update: 2010-01-01