Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Marshall & Ilsley Bank

A four story neo-classic building with a Grecian-Ionic style built of Missouri marble with dimensions of 60x160 feet. An additional two stories were added in 1930. The building was demolished to make room for the Faison building.

Architect: Brust, Philips, and Heimerl

Year Built: 1913, Year Demolished: 1981

Address History:
415 East Water St (1913 - 1929)
721 N Water St (1930 - 1981)

Sources:
The Heritage Guidebook - H Russell Zimmermann
Milwaukee Sentinel, May 20, 1911
Construction News, May 25, 1912
MPL Historic Photos


Record Update: 2010-11-17