Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
First Wisconsin National Bank

A 16 story building built of steel with an exterior of heavily ornamented granite in a classical style on the first four floors and a buff colored brick on the remaining stories. An elaborate cornice remains along the roof. The building was built as the home for the First Wisconsin Bank and remained so until they moved their offices to the new 42 story tower on East Wisconsin Ave in 1973.

Architect: Burnham, D H

Year Built: 1914, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
425 East Water St (1914 - 1929)
725-743 N Water St (1930 - present)

Sources:
Milwaukee Sentinel, April 26, 1914

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 116098

Record Update: 2009-01-09

Picture: