Building History Detail
Fox Building

A three story brick building built as a saloon by the Miller Brewery. The building was originally built as the Prentiss Block and has at one time housed the post office as well as the well known bookdealer, C N Caspar. In 1904, it was completely renovated with only a few walls left standing from the original structure.

Architect: Wolff and Ewens

Year Built: 1849, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
437-439 East Water St (1849 - 1929)
753-757 N Water St (1930 - present)

Historic Buildings Survey, 1991
Evening Wisconsin, January 9, 1904

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 29451

Record Update: 2009-01-25