Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Sexton Block

This was originally built as a four story Italianate pressed brick building with a mansard roof. In 1876 it was bought by the Friend Brothers for their clothing company. In 1882, the mansard roof was replaced with a floor faced with brick and another floor was added from plans by E.T. Mix.

Architect: Mix, E T

Year Built: 1868, Year Demolished: 1971

Address History:
358-364 Broadway (1868 - 1929)
546 N Broadway (1930 - 1971)

Sources:
Dates from MPL, written on folder of building photos.
Wisconsin Historical Society Photo
MPL Historic Photo
Milwaukee Sentinel, July 11, 1867


Record Update: 2009-09-18

Picture: