Building History Detail
Kesselman Building

A seven story brick and reinforced concrete office building built for the Munkwitz Realty Company. It was first leased by Blumenfeld, Locher & Brown Company, a wholesale millinery which occupied the entire building. In 1926 it was taken over by the Music Arts Corporation to become the Music arts Building. The seventh floor was leased to the Wisconsin Collecge of Music and music stores and shops occupied other space in the building. The building has dimensions of 120x120 feet and is L-shaped. The ground level facade was renovated in 2009 and has long term tenants Ticket King & Enterprise Credit Union. Building plans are on file at the Wisconsin Architectural Archive.

Architect: Kirchhoff and Rose

Year Built: 1912, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
441 Broadway (1912 - 1929)
757 N Broadway (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Sentinel, March 8, 1911
Milwaukee Sentinel, February 6, 1912
Milwaukee Sentinel, May 9, 1926
MPL Historic Photos

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 113159

Record Update: 2014-08-14