Building History Detail
Hokanson Building

A four story brick and reinforced concrete building constructed for an automobile dealership. It was built for Nash autos and then was a Chevrolet dealership for many years. It was bought by the City in 1956 and was completely renovated in 1981 into the offices of the Department of City Development.

Architect: Tullgren, Martin and Sons

Year Built: 1921, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
475-481 Broadway (1921 - 1929)
807-817 N Broadway (1930 - present)

MPL Historic Photo
MPL Historic Photo
Milwaukee Sentinel, January 16, 1921
Milwaukee Sentinel, April 5, 1982

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 113163

Record Update: 2010-01-06