Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Grohmann Museum

A three story concrete and brick building originally built for Curtis Automobile as a car dealership. In 1931, Hall Chevrolet took ownership of the building for their dealership. Through the 1960s it was owned by Metropolitan Cadillac also as a car dealership. It was an FDIC repository for many years until it was bought by MSOE and converted into the Grohmann art museum in 2007.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1924, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
550 Broadway (1924 - 1929)
1008 N Broadway (1930 - present)

Sources:

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 113168

Record Update: 2014-06-05

Picture: