Building History Detail
Fire Insurance Patrol

A three story red brick building built for the Fire Insurance Patrol. The patrol was a private fire department organized in 1886 which protected stock of their clients when a fire started so as to minimize losses. The patrol was eventually disbanded in 1940.The dimensions of the building were 30x100ft.

Architect: Messmer, Henry and Sons

Year Built: 1908, Year Demolished: 1956

Address History:
341 Milwaukee St (1908 - 1929)
517 N Milwaukee St (1930 - 1956)

Milwaukee Sentinel, January 20, 1889
Milwaukee Sentinel, June 23, 1907

Record Update: 2011-12-01