Building History Detail
Fritzel Building

This building was originally a three story brick hotel and boarding house. In 1939 the top two stories were removed and it was converted into a Moderne style clothing store occupied by Lou Fritzel. The exterior was clad in polished black granite with bronze. The renovation was designed by Grassold & Johnson architects.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1877, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
427-431 Milwaukee St (1877 - 1929)
737 N Milwaukee St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Journal, July 23, 1939
MPL Historic Photos

Record Update: 2010-11-17