Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Boynton Garage

A three story enclosed auto parking garage with stone facing on the first floor and brown brick on the top two floors. The building predates 1898 but was probably remodeled in 1918 with the top two stories refaced in brick. In 1914 it changed from a horse livery to an automobile livery.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1881, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
449-453 Milwaukee St (1881 - 1929)
767 N Milwaukee St (1930 - present)

Sources:
Milwaukee Sentinel, August 9, 1881

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 115116

Record Update: 2014-07-19

Picture: