Building History Detail
Grain Exchange Building

The Grain Exchange Building, aka Munkwitz building is so called because it housed the Grain Exchange on the upper floors from 1935 to 1973. Originally it had housed Berger's Furniture store from December 1926 until it closed in December 1932. The building was built as a six story brick and steel building with the extra three floors added in the 1930s. It was converted into condos with 34 units around 2001.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1926, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
511-513 Milwaukee St (1926 - 1929)
741 N Milwaukee St (1930 - present)


Record Update: 2009-12-28