Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
First Welsh Presbyterian Church

A cream city church originally built for the North Presbyterian congregation and was purchased for the Welsh Presbyterian church in 1871. MSOE bought the church for use as a bookstore in 1954 and razed it in 1988.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1854, Year Demolished: 1988

Address History:
547 Milwaukee St (1854 - 1929)
1001 N Milwaukee St (1930 - 1988)

Sources:
Milwaukee Sentinel, December 31, 1988

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 16304

Record Update: 2010-07-31

Picture: