Building History Detail
Milwaukee Club

A three story Victorian clubhouse with red pressed brick, red sandstone and red terra cotta. The Milwaukee Club was the first club to have a building of its own and it remains a monument to the old style social clubs which dominated the city.

Architect: Mix, E T

Year Built: 1884, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
402 Jefferson St (1884 - 1929)
706 N Jefferson St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Journal May 21, 1884
WHS Historical Images
Milwaukee Journal, October 17, 1891

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 16154

Record Update: 2009-02-16