Building History Detail
University Club

A four story brick and stone building built as the clubhouse of the University Club. The building consisted of meeting rooms, a cafe and dining room as well as apartments for members. The Club sold the building in 1930 after it moved to its newer and larger headquarters on East Wells Street.

Architect: Eschweiler and Russell

Year Built: 1904, Year Demolished: 1977

Address History:
489-493 Jefferson St (1904 - 1929)
825 N Jefferson St (1930 - 1977)

Milwaukee Sentinel, September 26, 1903
Milwaukee Sentinel, November 20, 1904
Milwaukee Journal, August 21, 1927
Milwaukee Sentinel, January 19, 1930
WHS Architecture Inventory Image

Record Update: 2011-03-03