Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Mariner Building

A 22 story office tower built for John Mariner in an Art Deco style. The building was faced with Bedford limestone and the bottom two floors are covered by black and pink marble while the structure is built of steel. A distinctive 50-foot steel mast for a revolving beacon light and radio towers sits on the roof. The building became known as the Wisconsin Tower in 1939 and was converted to condominiums in 2005.

Architect: Weary and Alford

Year Built: 1930, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
602-606 W Wisconsin Ave (1930 - present)

Sources:
UWM Digital Postcard Collection
Milwaukee Journal, August 10, 1930
Look Up Milwaukee, Joseph J Korom Jr

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 41849

Record Update: 2009-10-04

Picture: