Building History Detail
Quistorf Building

A three story brown stone building built as the East Side Palm Garden for the Schlitz brewing company and originally operated by Arnold & Quistorf. During prohibition it was an elaborate secret 'key club' operated by Salvatore Maglio and was raided several times before it was closed down. The building has been occupied by Elsa's on the Park restaurant since 1979.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1887, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
495-497 Jefferson St (1887 - 1929)
831 N Jefferson St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Sentinel, February 2, 1930
WHS Architecture Inventory Image

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 16161

Record Update: 2011-03-03