Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
YWCA

A five story red brick and gray stone building built as the first permanent headquarters of the YWCA in the city. The money for the building was donated by Elizabeth Plankinton.

Architect: Betts, H A

Year Built: 1901, Year Demolished: 1985

Address History:
384 Jackson St (1901 - 1929)
610-626 N Jackson St (1930 - 1985)

Sources:
WHS Historical Images
Milwaukee Sentinel, June 3, 1900
Milwaukee Sentinel, March 17, 1901
Milwaukee Sentinel, August 26, 1985

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 113490

Record Update: 2010-01-25

Picture: