Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Thiery Building

A four story brick building built for J.B. Thiery company for sales and offices and later occupied by optical manufacturers. It was built of concrete with a terra cotta facade and cost approximately $30,000 to construct. The dimensions of the building were 34x120 feet.

Architect: Schnetzky, H Paul

Year Built: 1911, Year Demolished: ?

Address History:
424 Jackson St (1911 - 1929)
730 N Jackson St (1930 - ?)

Sources:
Milwaukee Sentinel, December 25, 1910
Milwaukee Journal, December 3, 1911

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 113492

Record Update: 2011-11-21

Picture: