Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
St Johns Cathedral

Plans were originally drawn by Victor Schulte. The tower was replaced in 1875 by Charles Gombert and again in 1893 by Ferry and Clas. A fire in 1935 destroyed much of the interior which was finally remodeled by 1942.

Architect: Schulte, Victor

Year Built: 1853, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
480 Jackson St (1853 - 1929)
806 N Jackson St (1930 - present)

Sources:
Milwaukee Sentinel, March 20, 1892
Milwaukee Journal, November 6, 1897
Milwaukee Journal, March 19, 1892


Record Update: 2008-10-24

Picture: