Building History Detail
Melrose Apartments

A four story brick apartment building built before 1888. It was remodeled and modernized in 1931 along with the Ivanhoe Apartments next door to be one complete apartment complex. The architectural firm of George Schley and Sons designed the modernization with the new building renamed as The Stuart.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: ?, Year Demolished: 1976

Address History:
420-436 Cass St (? - 1929)
724-746 N Cass St (1930 - 1976)

Milwaukee Sentinel, May 3, 1931
1976 City Condemnation Report

Record Update: 2009-02-10