Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Four Sixty Marshall Apartment Hotel

An eight story reinforced concrete and brick apartment hotel also known as Hotel Marshall. The trimmings and parapets were of terra cotta. The building housed 92 apartments with all the comforts available of a hotel including maid service. The dimensions of the building were 90x90 feet. The site was formerly the home of pioneer physician, Dr. Ladd. The building was also known as the Hotel Sydney when it was bought by Sydney Eisenberg. Michael Cudahy bought the building in 1983 and refused to renovate the building, instead choosing to evict the tenants and demolish the building. The site is now an enclosed parking lot.

Architect: Backes and Uthus

Year Built: 1928, Year Demolished: 1985

Address History:
460 Marshall St (1928 - 1929)
770 N Marshall St (1930 - 1985)

Sources:
Milwaukee Journal, December 4, 1927
Milwaukee Journal, July 8, 1928
Milwaukee Journal, May 10, 1984

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 114963

Record Update: 2010-01-03

Picture: