Building History Detail
Robert Patrick Fitzgerald House

An Italianate mansion built for the owner of a shipping company, Robert Patrick Fitzgerald. The house was two stories tall and originally was built with dimensions of 44x45 feet but there have been additions over the years. It was built with cream city brick on a limestone foundation and with ornate wooden cornice work. In 1946 it was converted into a boarding house with 10 rooms. In 1966 it was acquired by the College Women's Club and renovated to accomodate their headquarters.

Architect: Mix, E T

Year Built: 1874, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
585 Marshall St (1874 - 1929)
1119 N Marshall St (1930 - present)

Villa Filomena
Milwaukee Journal, October 23, 1963
Historical Messenger, December 1968
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, November 5, 2004
American Historic Buildings Survey
Historic Structures Website

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 27217

Record Update: 2010-07-31