Building History Detail
Montgomery Building

A building seven stories high built of stone, red brick and terra cotta trimmings. The building dimensions were 120x120ft and plans were prepared by Boston architects. The Montgomery Building was the home of the Milwaukee Journal from 1893 until they moved to newer headquarters in 1907.

Architect: Andrews, Jaques, and Rantoul

Year Built: 1892, Year Demolished: 1983

Address History:
129-133 Michigan St (1892 - 1929)
407 E Michigan St (1930 - 1983)

Milwaukee Sentinel, July 26, 1891
American Architect & Building News, June 18, 1892
WHS Historical Images

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 116580

Record Update: 2014-03-01