Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Friendship Club

A two story commercial building with a facade of white glazed brick and terra cotta. A modern style was presented with large plate glass windows and three bay windows on the upper floor. The Odd Fellows occupied the building and in 1927 the Boston Lunch Cafeteria franchise opened a diner with a capacity for 350 people. Starting in 1937 it housed the Friendship Club which offered dancing in it's second floor hall.

Architect: Kirchhoff and Rose

Year Built: ?, Year Demolished: ?

Address History:
619-623 Grand Ave (? - 1929)
175 W Wisconsin Ave (1930 - ?)

Sources:
Milwaukee Journal, August 25, 1938


Record Update: 2013-05-15