Building History Detail
Milwaukee Gas Light Building

A twenty story steel-structure office building constructed as headquarters for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company. The exterior of the first five floors are black granite and there on up brick is used in a gradation from dark red to lighter red at the upper floors. Stone and light colored terra cotta are added to complete the art deco design. The flame-shaped light on the roof was added in the 1950s.

Architect: Eschweiler and Eschweiler

Year Built: 1930, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
626 E Wisconsin Ave (1930 - present)

UWM Digital Collection
Milwaukee Sentinel, January 19, 1930

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 16199

Record Update: 2009-02-26