Building History Detail
Hotel Martin

The Martin was six stories in height and was built almost completely of fireproof construction. The floor joists were built of iron and the building was completely brick. It was originally built as an apartment building with twenty flats and became a hotel in 1914.

Architect: Crane and Barkhausen

Year Built: 1890, Year Demolished: 1958

Address History:
197-207 Wisconsin St (1890 - 1929)
701-707 E Wisconsin Ave (1930 - 1958)

Milwaukee Journal, March 30, 1889
Milwaukee Sentinel, April 16, 1899
Milwaukee Sentinel, August 24, 1913
WHS Images

Record Update: 2009-01-14