Building History Detail
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance

This eight story building was designed by the Chicago firm of Marshall & Fox in a Classical Revival style. The building is 234 feet wide along Wisconsin Avenue. An addition was added to the north side of the building with an interior courtyard in 1932 but this was razed and replaced by a glass atrium in 1976. Dedication of the building took place on October 21, 1914.

Architect: Marshall and Fox

Year Built: 1914, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
210 Wisconsin St (1914 - 1929)
720 E Wisconsin Ave (1930 - present)

WHS Historical Images
Architectural Record, August 1916

Record Update: 2009-01-20