Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
Spencerian Building

A three story brown brick building originally built as a 2-story sales building for the Milwaukee Gas Light Company appliances and fixtures. The appliance store opened in April 1913 and a third story was added in 1922 during a remodeling project. The Spencerian Business College leased the upper two floors in 1931.

Architect: Schnetzky & Sons

Year Built: 1913, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
Wisconsin St (1913 - 1929)
600-604 E Wisconsin Ave (1930 - present)

Sources:
Milwaukee Journal, April 12, 1913
Milwaukee Journal, February 15, 1951

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 113810

Record Update: 2013-06-01

Picture: