Building History Detail
Elks Club

A ten story reinforced concrete and brick clubhouse built for the Elks Fraternal Lodge in a neo-classic style. It was dedicated on September 4, 1925. The building was sold to the Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co and subsequently demolished.

Architect: Messmer, Robert A

Year Built: 1925, Year Demolished: 1971

Address History:
247 Wisconsin St (1925 - 1929)
910 E Wisconsin Ave (1930 - 1971)

UWM Digital Collection
Milwaukee Journal, September 6, 1925
Milwaukee Journal, September 27, 1925

Record Update: 2009-09-18