Street Guide To Old Milwaukee

Building History Detail
First Wisconsin Garage

An eight story concrete parking structure with capacity for 400 cars. It was built of steel with a Moderne styled exterior of light yellow brick and terra cotta ornamentation. The ramp system to get from floor to floor was based on the d'Humy system which staggers the floors. The building has dimensions of 100x120 feet.

Architect: Tullgren, Martin

Year Built: 1929, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
77 Mason St (1929 - 1929)
209 E Mason St (1930 - present)

Sources:
The Heritage Guidebook - H Russell Zimmermann
Milwaukee Journal, June 23, 1929
MPL Historic Photos

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 41138

Record Update: 2013-06-17

Picture: