Building History Detail
TMER&L Power Plant

This large industrial three story, red-pressed brick and structural iron building was built as a coal burning power station for the Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Company.

Architect: Esser, Herman J

Year Built: 1899, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
32-40 Oneida St (1899 - 1929)
108 E Wells St (1930 - present)

Wisconsin Historical Society Photo
The Heritage Guidebook - H Russell Zimmermann
Milwaukee Sentinel, July 30, 1899

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 16648

Record Update: 2013-06-01