Building History Detail
Fine Arts Building

A six story brick building built for the Meinecke Toy Company. A major fire in March of 1901 gutted the then five story building and the cupola on the west side of the building was then removed during reconstruction with another floor added.

Architect: Ringer, C F

Year Built: 1892, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
49 Oneida St (1892 - 1929)
125 E Wells St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Sentinel, October 25, 1891
The Heritage Guidebook - H Russell Zimmermann
Milwaukee Sentinel, March 17, 1901

Record Update: 2009-01-07