Building History Detail
Pabst Theater

A three story red brick opera house and theater constructed in less than a year after the Stadt Theater burned down by Pabst Brewery founder, Frederick Pabst. It was designed by Pabst Brewery architect Otto Strack. The City of Milwaukee took possession of the theater in 1961 and finished a major remodeling and upgraded in 1977.

Architect: Strack, Otto

Year Built: 1895, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
52-64 Oneida St (1895 - 1929)
128-144 E Wells St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Sentinel, May 19 1895
Milwaukee Journal, November 10, 1895
Milwaukee Sentinel, October 3, 1961
Wisconsin National Register of Historic Places
Historic Structures Database
WHS Historical Images
WHS Historical Images
MPL Historic Photos

Wisconsin Historical Society AHI#: 27232

Record Update: 2010-06-29