Building History Detail
Old County Court House

The second county courthouse was a two story domed building with east and west wings on either side of the main structure. It was 210 feet in length from east to west and a height of nearly 210 feet to the top of the figure on top of the dome. The material used was a brown Lake Superior stone. The west wing of the building was completed in 1869 and the remainder was completed in the spring of 1873. Frank Charnley was the builder who executed the design.

Architect: Schmidtner, L E

Year Built: 1873, Year Demolished: 1939

Address History:
150 Oneida St (1873 - 1929)
E Wells St (1930 - 1939)

Wisconsin News Article
UWM Digital Collection
UWM Digital Collection
WHS Historical Images
Milwaukee Sentinel, August 3, 1873

Record Update: 2009-01-08