Building History Detail
Hoppe Building

A two story building constructed of reinforced concrete and steel with a red brick front. It was built for the Hoppe-Hatter Motor Company to sell Paige cars. It currently is owned by MSOE as the offices for their radio station. Although the facade has been extensively changed, the ornate emblem along the cornice remains.

Architect: unknown

Year Built: 1916, Year Demolished: n/a

Address History:
486-490 Milwaukee St (1916 - 1929)
816-820 N Milwaukee St (1930 - present)

Milwaukee Sentinel, September 10, 1916

Record Update: 2009-01-09